It’s been almost a week since the Remix OS 2.0 has made an official landing in the Software arena. Remix OS 2.0 let’s you enjoy Android 5.1.1 Lollipop on your Windows PC or an a Mac OS X PC. It promises to give you the Android experience you won’t come across on the ordinary Android emulators. Remix OS 2.0 packs up stunning HD graphics, it’s UI is pretty cool and user-friendly. The OS comes with almost all the features that you will find on an average Android smartphone. Remix OS 2.0 is the best way to enjoy your desired Android games and applications on a bigger screen.
Although you can enjoy the whole Android experience on a PC using Remix OS 2.0, but that may not be enough for many of you. Since we all know the benefits of a rooted Android smartphones, one would definitely want to gain root access on a virtually setup Android device by means of Remix OS 2.0 as well. You will be surprised to know that you can actually root Remix OS 2.0 running inside your PC now. This is possible by tweaking a file on your bootable USB 3.0 stick that loads Remix OS 2.0. In the succeeding guide we are going to show you a method to root Remix OS 2.0 running on a Windows PC [Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10] and also a Mac OS X powered Macbook, iMac.
How To Root Remix OS 2.0 [Windows and Mac]
- Make a Remix OS 2.0 bootable USB flash drive. Here’s the method to make Remix OS 2.0 bootable disk for Mac OS X and this one’s to make the bootable Remix OS 2.0 USB for Windows.
- Download this system.zip file and extract it using a program like Winrar or Winzip.
- You will get a .img file upon extracting this .zip file. Rename this .img file to system.img.
- Now open the connect the Remix OS 2.0 bootable USB drive to your Windows PC or Mac OS X.
- Now copy the system.img file and paste it in USB drive.
- Replace the existing system.img file with the new one.
- That’s all. You’ve successfully rooted Remix OS 2.0.
- You can launch Remix OS 2.0 now and verify root access using Root Checker. You can also install all root specific applications on your Remix OS 2.0 now.