If you’re an Android freak, you must have heard of Remix OS 2.0 which just came out of the curtains recently. Earlier this month when Remix OS 2.0 was leaked, it created much hype about this OS and also spiced up the wait for official release of this very OS. The leaked Remix OS 2.0 gave the users an idea how cool this operating system is going to be. Remix OS 2.0 doesn’t stands far ahead from the ordinary and traditional Android emulators. It gives you a complete Android OS running inside your desktop PC or Laptop. Remix OS 2.0 can boot up as a whole new device, and let you enjoy the lone Android operating system in your device.
Remix OS 2.0 has been released officially but it’s still in development stages. The current builds are expected to carry some bugs but if you’re an Android power user, the bugs won’t hurt you much. It’s cool and smooth. In case you’re willing to get your hands on Remix OS 2.0 inside your Windows PC / Laptop, we have the method written here for all of you. You’ve to go through different steps in order to get the installation done successfully. The following post will help you on how to install Remix OS 2.0 on your Windows PC / Laptop. The method to launch Remix OS 2.0 for PC on Windows can be used for Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 desktop PC and Laptop. Follow the instructions carefully to avoid any mishap.
Mac users can use this guide: How to install Remix OS 2.0 on Macbook Air, Macbook Pro & iMac
- A USB 3.0 8GB flash drive formatted with FAT32 format.
- A Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 PC or Laptop with x64 system.
- Download Remix OS 2.0 Legacy package file.
- Enable Legacy Boot mode in BIOS of your Windows PC.
How to launch Remix OS for PC (Windows)
- Open the Remix OS 2.0.iso file. The file also contains a USB Tool for Remix OS.
- Launch the USB Tool from the Remix OS 2.0 folder.
- Connect your USB 3.0 flash drive to your PC / Laptop.
- Open the Remix OS USB Tool now.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to create a Remix OS 2.0 bootable USB stick. You will need to select the .iso file of Remix OS in order to create the bootable USB.
- Now leave your USB drive connected to your PC.
- Restart your windows PC.
- As soon as you PC boots up, press F12 key to enter Boot Menu.
- Now in the Boot Menu, select “USB Storage Device” as boot option in the Legacy Mode.
- Now you will be given the choice to select between Guest Mode and Resident Mode to get into the Remix OS. Select Resident Mode as it will save all of your data and configuration.
- Remix OS will boot up now. It can take 10 – 15 minutes for complete configuration to take place. Once Remix OS boots up, it will show you the Remix OS logo on the screen.
- As Remix OS welcomes you, select your desired language and click next.
- Agree to the user agreement and click next.
- Now connect to your WiFi connection and click next.
- You will in the Remix OS now. That’s all. You’re free to unleash the power of Android 5.1.1 Lollipop inside your WindowS PC.
- That’s all. In order to boot into Remix OS 2.0, use the steps 7 – 9 every time.
Now that you’ve installed Remix OS 2.0, you will definitely want to enjoy your favourite games and applications on it. In order to access billions of Android apps, you will need Google Play Store and also Google Play Services. Have a look on this guide to learn how to install Google Play Services and Google Play Store on Remix OS 2.0
You may also want to root your Remix OS 2.0. Here’s a guide on how to root Remix OS 2.0.
Have got any queries? Don’t worry. Reach us out through the comments section.