Remix OS 2.0 is pretty awesome. It comes with some handy applications that are cool enough to give a start to your Android experience on your PC. However Remix OS 2.0 misses some very basic applications that act as a foundation for almost all other applications to work in your Android OS powered device. These applications include Google Play Services and Google Play Store. After getting your hands on Remix OS 2.0, you will have to install Google Play Services and Google Play Store manually. Without the Google Play Services and Google Play Store, your Remix OS 2.0 will be just like a car without a steering. You won’t be able to drive it anywhere.
In case you don’t already have an idea about the role of Google Play Services and Google Play Store in your Android device, you may want to know a little bit about both these applications. Google Play Services allows an application to interact with other applications and software components of your Android device. It also plays a role in updating an application via Google Play Store. Google Play Services is responsible for running Google services on your Android device and also acts as a base for all other Google applications. If you do not have the Google Play Services installed in your phone, non of the Google applications will work on it. Google Play Store allows you to access the Android application market with over 1 billion applications in it. If you do not have Google Play Store in your Android device, you won’t be able to easily find your desired applications and install them easily.
Now that you know the importance of both the Google Play Services and Google Play Store, you will want to get it on your Remix OS 2.0 right away so that you can unleash the power of this all-new Android emulator. In this guide you will learn how to install Google Play Services and Google Play Store on Remix OS 2.0 running on Windows PC or Mac OS X.
How To Install Google Play Services and Google Play Store on Remix OS 2.0
- Download GMInstaller.apk file on your Remix OS 2.0. You can download this file using the browser in Remix OS 2.0. Alternatively, you can copy this file on to a USB drive and then connect it to your PC in order to copy GMInstaller.apk file to your PC.
- Install the GMInstaller.apk file on your Remix OS 2.0. Allow unknown sources if required.
- Now click on the app drawer icon on the bottom left of your Remix OS 2.0.
- In the app drawer, click on GMInstaller icon.
- GMInstaller will open up now. Inside GMInstaller click on “One-click to install Google Services”.
- It will take a while for GMInstaller to install the Google Services like Google Play Services and Google Play Store.
- Once done, open settings application from the app drawer.
- In settings, click on applications and locate Google Play Services.
- Clear Google Play Services cache.
- Restart your Remix OS 2.0.
- Checkout Google Play Store in app drawer and start using it.
- Play some cool games and enjoy Remix OS 2.0 now. That’s all.