Here’s a step-by-step comprehensive guide on how to install BlueStacks 2 for PC on your Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 and Mac OS X Macbook, iMac. After installing BlueStacks 2, you will also find a method on how to install Android apps for PC via BlueStacks 2. Let’s learn a little bit about BlueStacks 2 and then head towards the method.
Just 2 days back BlueStacks updated their app player and brought the biggest overhaul in BlueStack’s history so far. BlueStacks 2 carries some major enhancements, the update happens to be the only biggest update for BlueStacks app player till date. BlueStacks has been enhanced with some cool features and changes. The app player now allows users to enjoy Android on their PC more conveniently. It’s all about ease of use now. BlueStacks developers have equipped BlueStacks 2 with a number of cool features which include a whole new toolbar on the right side that allows you to shake your Android emulator’s screen, take screenshot, get your location on the map and a lot more. Since BlueStacks 2 comes with a whole new UI, its way different from that of the original BlueStacks. You need to learn a little bit about using BlueStacks 2 if you’re going to get your hands on it for the very first time. BlueStacks 2 looks more like a beautiful Android tablet fixed inside your PC’s screen now. BlueStacks has made the new BlueStacks 2 more then beautiful now. The new UI looks flat and smooth. The app player is more responsive and more stable now.In case you need to have a recap of BlueStacks, let’s go through it and then begin with the process of installation of BlueStacks 2 and running Android apps on it.
BlueStacks is the most famous and most widely used Android emulator available for Windows and Mac OS X. Basically, BlueStacks acts as a virtual machine and allows the users to enjoy Android on their laptops or desktop PCs. If you’re an Android freak and you also like getting some of your favourite Android games or apps for PC, then getting your hands on BlueStacks will help you to do so with maximum ease.
Let’s have a look on some mainstream changes in BlueStacks 2.
BlueStacks 2 Features [All the new stuff in BlueStacks 2]
Android devices have been enjoying multi-tasking features for quite a while now. This useful feature has remained missing on the BlueStacks app player, but keeping in view the growing number of users, BlueStacks team decided to introduce Multi-tasking feature in BlueStacks 2. You can now play and use multiple apps at once. The BlueStacks 2 shows your multiple applications in the form of taps. You can easily switch to any tab and access your running application on the go. You can play and use other applications in parallel now.
Simplified and Efficient
A new Toolbar has been introduced in the App Player. This Toolbar contains functions like set location, shake the screen, adjust volume and some other cool features. These functions make BlueStacks 2 App Player much more easy and simple to use.
Optimized and Ready to Play Apps
BlueStacks team has also optimized some famous Android apps and games for BlueStacks 2. you can enjoy a handful of applications running smoothly on your Windows PC or Mac OS X Macbook, iMac by means of BlueStacks 2.
A new Worldwide section has been introduced in BlueStacks 2. The section shows up the best applications that are being played by users all across the world.
The new Toolbar in BlueStacks 2
On the left side of your BlueStacks 2 app player, you will find a vertical toolbar. This toolbar has some new useful features.
Screen Rotation: Landscape and Portrait mode
The first button in the toolbar is to rotate the screen of your Android app player. You can choose to play in tablet or mobile phone mode. This feature makes it a lot easy to play the games in appropriate screen. You can rotate the screen to work in landscape or portrait mode.
Screen Shake Feature in BlueStacks 2
In the toolbar, the 2nd icon at the top allows you to shake the screen of your Android emulator’s screen. So just in case you need to shake your Android’s screen while playing a game, clicking this small button will help you to do so.
Screen Shot Feature in BlueStacks 2
The 3rd button in the toolbar is the button to take screenshot. This feature wasn’t there in the original BlueStacks, so this is new for Android freaks who like snapping the shots of their games or some apps.
Location Feature in BlueStacks 2
The 4th Icon in the toolbar is the location icon. Now you can find out your location or use maps straight away inside BlueStacks using this little location icon.
APK files in BlueStacks 2
In the original BlueStacks, users had to double click an APK file and it would install directly. Now in BlueStacks 2, BlueStacks team has inserted a button. You can click the APK button and provide it the APK file saved in your computer. Although BlueStacks 2 installs APK files directly as well, but this new button is convenient for people who do not know about installing APKs directly.
Grab files from Windows in BlueStacks 2
The 6th button in BlueStacks 2 allows you to copy files from your Windows PC to your Android emulator. Isn’t it cool? This feature was there in the original BlueStacks, but users had to navigate to the feature under BlueStacks settings. Now its pretty convenient to copy files between your Windows PC or Mac and your BlueStacks 2 app player.
Rest of the icons allow you to copy, paste the material from clipboard and control the volume.
Custom Controls for each application
This is one of the features that I personally liked the most. BlueStacks 2 now allows you to set custom controls for each particular game or application that you’re going to run on your PC. A small keyboard appears on the top-right of your BlueStacks 2 app player, you can set custom controls by simply opening an application and then clicking on this small keyboard sticked at the top.
Now that we have learnt all about the all new BlueStacks 2, its time for us to get back to the work we were here for. Let’s learn now how you can install BlueStacks 2 app player and then how you can run Android apps for PC via BlueStacks 2.
How to Install BlueStacks 2 App Player
- Make sure that you’re connected to the internet.
- Download BlueStacks 2 App Player: Windows | Mac [BlueStacks 2 isn’t available for Mac at the moment, but will be coming out anytime soon. You can still run Apps for PC on your Mac using the original BlueStacks]
- Once downloaded, run the setup file of BlueStacks 2 app player.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and proceed with the installation.
- If it asks you to enable App Store access, select both the options and click proceed.
- Once done, BlueStacks 2 will appear in your installed softwares on your Windows PC.
- Open BlueStacks app player now.
- Click on small gear settings icon on the top-right of BlueStacks 2. It will open up settings.
- Now in Settings > open Add Account.
- Now click on Google or BlueStacks account, it will ask you to add your Google account credentials.
- Now choose existing if you already have a Google account, or you can create a new account as well. Once you’ve added the account, BlueStacks will take you to One-Time Setup screen.
- Click on Continue, and setup BlueStacks account by following on-screen instructions.
- Now you’ve to enable App Sync, click on “Continue” once again and enter your Google Account once again to finish One-Time setup. Once done, click on “Let’s Go” in One-Time Setup screen.
- Now you’ve enabled Google Play Store and BlueStacks Account. You’re all set to install and run Apps for PC via BlueStacks 2 now.
How to Install Android Apps for PC via BlueStacks 2
There are two methods to install Apps for PC via BlueStacks 2. You can either install using an APK file or you can also install using the Google Play Store within BlueStacks 2. The later is more useful, so let’s have a look on this one first and the former one later.
Method# 1: Install Apps for PC via BlueStacks 2 using Google Play Store / App Store
- Setup your App Store account using the instructions listed in the BlueStacks 2 installation process.
- Open BlueStacks 2 App Player.
- Click on Android tab at the top of your App Player.
- Now click on “Search” button in the very first row.
- Type the name of your desired application or game.
- If the application doesn’t appear below, then click on “Search Play for example game / app”.
- Get your desired application in Google Play Store and install it using on-screen instructions.
- That’s all.
Method# 2: Install Apps for PC via BlueStacks 2 using APK files
- Make sure that you’ve properly installed and setup BlueStacks 2 App Player
- Download the APK file or your desired game or application. You can find all your APK files on our site: APKBeast.com
- Now click open BlueStacks 2 App Player.
- Click on the small APK button in the toolbar on the left side.
- Locate the APK file in file selection menu and select the APK file.
- BlueStacks 2 will install the APK file. Your installed application will appear under All Apps section in BlueStacks 2.
- Alternatively, you can double click your downloaded APK file. It will open up via BlueStacks 2 and will be installed. The application will still appear under All Apps section in BlueStacks 2.
That’s all about BlueStacks 2 and about using BlueStacks 2. Don’t forget to drop us your feedback. If you’ve got any queries, feel free to reach us out through the comment box below. We would love to help you out. Thank you.